Class teacher: Mrs Ballinger
Teaching assistants: Mrs Smith and Mrs Blakeley
Dear Families, 10th September 2021
Welcome to Year 2!
What a fabulous first week back at school. I am very proud of how well the children have settled and pleased with how hard everyone has been working. It has been a busy, fun week.
Attached to this letter is the topic web for this term. It gives you a quick over view of what we will be learning. Some of the topics will be interesting to explore further at home.
Routines and key information:
- PE will be on Tuesday and Friday.
- ‘Special day’ arrangements are in place. When it is your child’s special day please help them to choose something to bring in to show the class and a book for me to read to everyone. See Dojo for further details.
- Homework will be set on Friday to be handed in the following Thursday. Homework will be set on Dojo and will consist of a short spelling activity and a maths activity.
- There is a new whole school reading initiative called Rainbow Reading. The details of this will be explained in a separate letter. The aim is for children to read at least 5 times a week at home. This can be a few pages of a book at a time, or more if you want!
- Reading books will be collected in on Fridays and, wherever possible, will be changed and returned the same day. At this time, I will make a record of your child’s home reading and the number of books read towards the reading challenge. Please write the date, page numbers read and your signature in the reading record when you hear your child read. You can write a comment if you wish. Please ensure your child has their book in school every day as we will be hearing children read frequently.
- Please ensure your child has the right clothing for the weather conditions as we will be having windows open to ventilate our classroom and we hope to be outside where possible.
- Water bottles and reading books/ records should be in school daily. Please only send water for drinking in the classroom.
- Children receive free fruit in the afternoon but are able to bring fruit/ a healthy snack for morning break time should they wish.
- Children with prescription glasses should bring their glasses to school every day as these make such a difference to children in a busy classroom.
- Please notify the office if your child is unwell or absent from school.
I am happy for you to contact me with any questions, concerns or information. If your child has had a difficult morning, not slept well or is struggling with something, please just send me a short note on Dojo so I can keep a close eye on them and help them to feel settled and listened to in school.
I look forward to working with you,