Our Values and Ethos:
We are all “Learning to Live and Living to Learn”.
Our School Vision
"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Luke 6:31)
Rushwick is a learning community, underpinned by Christian values. We recognise everyone as a unique child of God.
Our vision is to provide an outstanding education which equips each child with the necessary skills to meet changes and challenges throughout their life.
We expect our children to:
Treat each other the way we all wish to be treated ourselves.
We do this by encouraging them to:
Be happy, Aim high, Discover what they like and are good at, Have a go, Think about things, Ask questions, Be kind, Persevere, Show independence, Be resilient, Be involved, Be creative, Care for the environment, Take responsibility, Respect others, Develop positive relationships, Communicate.
“Our Golden Rules”
Be kind and helpful
Look after property
Listen to people
Be ‘e’ aware
These Golden Rules for the Rushwick school community represent our understanding of British Values. We expect all adults working within the school community to promote these values and golden rules by:
- Acting as role models
- Providing learning experiences which motivate children with a wide range of interests and abilities
- Providing a curriculum which fosters the development of skills as well as knowledge
- Challenging children to extend their horizons
- Continually seeking to develop their own knowledge about how children learn and how we can help them to do so
- Praising and rewarding children and celebrating their achievements
- Making our expectations clear and consistent
- Providing a safe, well organised and inspiring learning environment
- Promoting a culture of understanding towards the needs, feelings and beliefs of themselves and other people and ensure opportunity for all
- Working together, and with parents and carers, to make sure each child’s life is enriched by being a part of Rushwick School